118 Best Tinder Text Prompt Responses for Guys
A pandemic is a decidedly horrific experience. For Tinder, it’s an opportunity to launch their newest feature; Text Prompts.
As of writing this sentence over two million people worldwide have caught the virus, including just over 600,000 Americans. But as apocalyptic as the situation is, there are some benefits to a pandemic.
The environment for one has vastly improved as residents of Beijing have seen their first blue sky in ages.
Dogs have also unexpectedly benefitted from the disaster. The indefinite shelter in place mandate has led to an exponential rise in pet adoptions throughout the country.
Introverts too can quietly cheer that they finally have the perfect excuse to extricate them from social engagements.
Tinder and other dating apps are also enjoying success brought on by the pandemic. According to Match Group new chief executive, the length of Tinder conversations has jumped between 10-30% since the virus touched American shores. Seeking to keep the conversations flowing, Tinder has also recently launched a new feature; text prompts.
For the past 36 hours the team here at emlovz jumped-in head first to analyze this new feature. We decided to create 108 of the best Tinder Text Prompt Answers for Guys. But first, let’s diagnose this new feature.
What is a Text Prompt?
18 new text prompts can now be accessed via the “Add Media” button. Once a prompt is answered in under 124 characters it’ll be saved and uploaded to your profile as a photo.
As this is a new feature expect it to change rapidly. As you’ll see later on, the prompts are fairly time-sensitive, in a few month’s time no one will be talking about Tiger King. Naturally text prompts will be swapped out in time. Also note that the more characters you use, the smaller the text becomes. If the text is too small or long, it won’t be read.
Bumble, Hinge, and Facebook Dating all use prompts. The purpose of a prompt is to elicit the user’s character. In general, apps do a poor job of capturing the user’s personality. Introducing prompts is Tinder’s attempt to appear less superficial and create a stronger connection between users – but not just any answer will do.
A quality Tinder text prompt response will make you stand out, invites her into the conversation, and speaks to your intended audience. Let’s explore how best to do this by looking at the 108 best Tinder text prompt responses for guys.
108 Best Tinder Text Prompt Reponses for Guys
The following is a list of the current Tinder prompts.
With these prompts Tinder’s making a commendable effort to appear less superficial. Enabling the user to replace a photo slot with a prompt that highlights one’s personality puts the emphasis on one’s character rather than how symmetrical their face is.
My thoughts on Joe Exotic
If you don’t know who Joe Exotic is, you must not be a Netflix subscriber. In a warped way Joe Exotic is saving us all from the boredom that comes with an indefinite lockdown. It gives us another contentious topic to discuss that isn’t the least bit related coronavirus. Nowadays more than ever steer clear of negative and cliche topics. Good on Tinder for harnessing the popularity of the enigma that is Joe Exotic. Here’s some Joe Exotic text prompt examples for you to consider…
1. He’s my spirit animal.
2. God bless this man.
3. This is the genie that appears when you rub a 2 liter bottle of mountain dew.
4. I’m just glad he’s into dudes or there’d be real competition.
5. Mad respect for a dude who can get two straight guys to marry him. #relationshipgoals
6. Where does he get his hair done though?
2020 has finally made me realize…
Honestly… a lot of stuff.
I learned that if you’re desperate enough toilet paper becomes a currency, how long I can go without sports before losing my sanity, and what the hell a pangolin is. Share with the world what you learned in 2020.
7. As an introvert, I’ve been looking forward to shelter in place my whole life.
8. Sunday scaries don’t exist anymore. I don’t even know what day it is anymore….thanks Coronavirus 🙂
9. It’s time to finally get that bidet with the drying feature.
10. If I drink enough Corona, I’ll become immune.
11. Puzzles are God.
12. I should never clear my throat in public.
This week has me pouty about…
Nowadays we’ve all got something to pout about. Now’s the perfect time to make light of a situation that’s impacting us all. Remember to keep things positive and inject as much levity into prompts as you can.
13. I’m out of puzzles
14. Just watched my last episode of Breaking Bad. Again.
15. Even my dog started taking social distancing seriously.
16. Freddo, my neighborhood DJ won’t take any of my song requests.
17. I just learned my cousin has to quarantine in Bali… I’m so freakin’ jealous.
18. Everyone posting about learning new skills during the pandemic and here I am just thankful I still have toilet paper.
The biggest way my life has changed…
Here’s your chance to really use a bit of wit to win her attention. It can be tempted to write a complete fabrication. Don’t do this. A little embellishment is fine, but only write things that have in fact happened.
19. When I realized that my actual life is called quarantine
20. I finally have a legit excuse for my wine habit
21. Out of the need to simply get out of the house I became a marathon runner in less than a month.
22. Without social interaction, I’ve considered a PornHub subscription for the first time ever.
23. I adopted a dog. Then I adopted a cat. Then my fish died. I blame the cat.
24. My right forearm muscles are now jacked. That’s my FaceTime arm.
Song I’m singing while I wash my hands…
Never before have so many people taken up the hobby of simultaneously washing their hands and singing. Again, washing hands and singing is something that just about every American is doing -or should be- right about now. Answering this Tinder text prompt is a great way to quickly form a connection.
25. Dont Stop Me, Now – Queen
26. Can’t Feel My Face – The Weeknd
27. Dancing Queen – Abba
28. Margaritaville – Jimmy Buffet
29. Friends in Low Places – Garth Brooks
30. Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey
31. Enjoy the Silence – Depeche Mode
32. I Knew I Loved You – Savage Garden
33. Everybody – Backstreet Boys
34. Barbie Girl – Aqua
35. Love Shack – The B-52s
36. Baby One More Time – Britney Spears
37. Bug-A-Boo – Destiny’s Child
38. Fancy – Iggy Azalea
39. Moves Like Jagger – Maroon 5
40. Fergalicious – Fergie
41. Shut Up and Dance – Walk the Moon
42. Straight Up – Paula Abdul
43. Man! I Feel Like A Woman – Shania Twain
44. Stacy’s Mom – Fountains of Wayne
45. Tubthumping – Chumbawumba
Here’s the source for most these songs, I can’t take full credit :).
I’m finally binging …..
There are a few things literally all Americans are currently doing. We’re all washing our hands, going a bit insane, and binging. My hunch is that Tinder uses the keywords found in your text prompt to pair you with users that have used similar keywords. Use the words in your profile to attract like-minded singles.
46. Ozark, and I can’t wait to take a trip to Missouri and hit some riverboat casinos. Who’s coming with?
47. Trying to learn Spanish by watching Money Heist. While I may not be learning much Spanish I have however learned to rob the Bank of Spain.
48. Love Is Blind… anyone down for a little pod-talk?
49. Cheer… but I may have to stop. I fear my mat-talk is being misinterpreted and is creating a hostile work environment.
50. Stranger Things. I honestly had no idea what it was about. I just clicked it because I identified with the title.
51. Tiger King. I just clicked it because I like tigers… I had no idea.
How I’m staying healthy right now…
Staying healthy is sexy.
It goes without saying that your romantic interest’s attraction to you will increase ten-fold if you suddenly were sporting a six-pack. Go ahead, now’s the time to talk about how jacked you are.
52. Welded my own weight set together because Amazon ain’t delivering on time. Thanks Corona!
53. For every episode of The Office I watch I do 100 push-ups. Needless to say after just three seasons I’m jacked.
54. I started running just to get out of the house… now I’m an aspiring marathon runner. That escalated quickly.
55. The guy in the apartment complex across from mine is a dance coach. My balcony salsa skills are basically unparalleled.
56. I created a quarantine-approved treadmill by throwing a little soap and water on my kitchen floor.
57. I challenge my dog to a 40-yard dash every day at 5. I always win, and no it has nothing to do with the food I keep in my back pocket.
I’m talking to my pet about…
Things can get a bit cooky after a week or two of quarantine. So hey, if you’ve been reading Harry Potter to your little pooch before bedtime or casting your pitbull as the lead in your soap opera no worries, we feel you.
58. How badly I too want to go urinate at the park.
59. What time the UPS guy will arrive with my new puzzle and his new bone.
60. Gossiping about all the dogs in our neighborhood that came out of the woodwork since the stay at home order began.
61. How he’s so lucky he doesn’t need toilet paper to do his business.
62. How I need to stop following him around the house.
63. That even though the whole 6-feet social distancing thing doesn’t apply in our home he still can’t sleep in my bed.
The one thing I won’t take for granted again…
I’m not sure I can express myself adequately in just 124 characters. Well, here goes…
64. Not having to cross the street every time someone walks towards me.
65. Running through Crissy Field, listening to Rufus DU SOL while smiling at strangers as they pass me by.
66. Never thought I’d say this, but actually getting out of bed in the morning and going to work.
68. Washing my hands.
69. My 6×6 foot backyard.
Fun fact about me…
During these pandemic times we’re learning a lot about ourselves. Share with her something quirky that you’ve learned with yourself recently.
70. I just learned that I’m an indoors person.
71. I started social distancing before it became cool.
72. Despite the seemingly infinite amount of free time I’ve had these past few weeks I still haven’t watched Tiger King.
73. I recently learned how to bake bread. I now have an entire cupboard full of banana and pumpkin bread.
74. I’m a mediocre Tik-Tok dancer.
75. I haven’t known what day of the week it is since the TNT marathon of Lord of the Rings.
The key to my heart is
Here’s one of my favorite Tinder text prompts for guys to answer. Tell her something unique about yourself or just make her laugh.
76. Letting me laugh at myself – it’s therapy I tell you.
77. Washing your hands for at least 20 seconds.
78. Knowing to stop the microwave before the popcorn completely stops popping.
79. Letting me place the last piece of a 3,000-piece jigsaw puzzle.
80. Saving me the last dumpling.
81. Speaking to me in the perfect C-3PO voice.
Two truths and a lie:
Tinder is a virtual dating game. It isn’t a serious app used to find love as much as it is a fun way to fantasize about the innumerable romantic possibilities out there. Preserve this game-like quality by using a text prompt that asks her to guess which of the three claims is false.
82. I’ve never seen Tiger King. I own multiple cats. I’ve shaken Joe Exotic’s hand.
83. I once spray painted a cop car. I washed my hands for at least 20 seconds even before the pandemic started. My family once celebrated Festivus.
84. 4/5 of my high school crushes were lesbians. Offbrand cheerios is my jam. I think Nickleback is truly underrated.
85. I played shortstop in a baseball game at Anaheim Stadium. I have 6 brothers and 1 sister. My favorite Netflix show is Ozark.
86. I once shared a meal with Justin Trudeau. I hosted a party on the top of my high school and invited the principle. I tried to create a love triangle between my middle school teachers by slipping love poems under their doors.
87. I starred in a Croatian commercial as a kid. I wasn’t allowed to watch TV growing up. I majored in typography.
In my friend group, I’m the…
Who are you? Give her some substance. This is the chief question she wants answered before going on a date with you. This Tinder text prompt will help answer that question.
88. Little attention whore who requires weekly friend meetups! #anxiousattachmentproblems
89. Satisfies his jealousy by calling his single friends at 2 a.m. hoping to interrupt them having sex.
90. Comedian. They recently nicknamed me the “caucasian kevin hart.” 🙂
91. Single guy that all my married friends want to adopt.
92. Only guy that roots for someone other than himself while playing Jeopardy.
93. One that dresses up all fancy like even though he knows he’s not going anywhere because there’s a pandemic outside.
The most underrated activity is…
She can’t get to know you if she doesn’t know your hobbies. Get weird and let her know what your relationship will consist of should you two start dating.
94. Spooning, no later than after our 3rd date 🙂
95. Muting crappy HGTV shows and supplying my own voiceovers.
96. Lying down so that you can only see the sky so that it feels like you’re falling into the abyss of space.
97. Not chewing chocolate and just letting it melt in your mouth.
98. Listing to Radiolab with the lights off and a glass of wine in hand.
100. Muting Gavin Newsom on the TV….and giving it your best Dark Knight voiceover. (For my Cali peeps)
The white lie I wish I got away with…
What’s the one thing you always wish you could tell people but just can’t?
101. Woops, sorry, my phone died.
102. I’m in my late twenties.
103. Relax, I’m only five minutes away.
104. Of course I remember you! How’s it going “insert name of person who I don’t remember”
105. Oh, I don’t do this job for the money. It’s a side hustle.
106. That was my idea.
If you don’t match me, you’ll miss out on…
Here’s on of my favorite Tinder text prompts for guys looking to make a statement. Now’s your chance to really sell yourself. What’s the major selling point that’s bound to convince her to swipe right?
107. Trading 8-minute abs six-pack training for Justin Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups!
108. A highly curated date that involves both of our interests, and all you have to do is just show up 🙂
109. Someone to get salsa dancing with instead of watching The Office yet again.
110. A hiking companion that comes included with snacks and a labrador.
111. Not having to split a pizza because we’ll both just order our own and not feel ashamed about it because this Capo’s deep dish is just so damn good!
112. Someone that still loves making indoor forts and re-enacting scenes from classic reality TV shows.
Dating me looks like…
Paint her a picture of what she’s in for when you two start dating. If she likes your pitch she might just swipe right.
113. Weeding through the thistles and finding a flower. Lots of needles out there.
114. Hiking up Mt Tam on a Saturday morning, an afternoon nap, then waking up to dance our asses off like Backstreet Boys.
115. Constant neck cramps from staring up at a guy who’s a foot taller than you. 🙂
116. The Nicolas Sparks novel that you actually want to read.
117. A boring healthy relationship that involves annual trips to Europe, skiing, and lots of mini-golf.
118. Finding an extra donut in your box of a dozen donuts.
Don’t Forget To Optimize Your Tinder Bio and Opening Lines
Writing a quality Tinder text prompt is just one way to appeal to female Tinder users. To really get the best out of your Tinder experience you’ll have to learn how to pen awesome opening messages, write a killer bio, upload the most attractive photos, and use a TDL to seal first dates.
Tinder Text Prompt Responses for Guys: Conclusion
Expect the Tinder text prompts to change. If you don’t like any of the prompts feel free to wait until a fresh batch is swapped in.
While it can be tempting to upload a bunch of prompts, refrain from doing so. Don’t use up all 9 photo/prompt spaces. Doing so makes you look desperate. Use no more than two prompts and sprinkle them throughout your profile. A prompt should never occupy the first or second spot of your photo/prompt roster.
If you’re still struggling to optimize your Tinder account (or reach your dating/interpersonal goals) it may be time to call in the expert.
Book a New Client 1-on-1 Zoom session with me to learn how to create a compelling online dating profile that is guaranteed to get you matches. During our call we’ll also discuss your dating roadblocks, create a plan of action that you can use right away, and see if my 3 month coaching program is right for you.
Comments are closed for this article!